Regular Maintenance on Your Dreadlocks
In order to achieve beautiful Seienstyle dreadlocks, it is a sensible idea to commit to regular maintenance on your dreadlocks. The frequency of these maintenance sessions varies depending on personal preference, but the suggested frequency is around every 2-3 months.
Maintenance serves several purposes:
- Allows for new hair growth to be encouraged into the correct dreadlock, meaning your scalp continues to feel fresh and tidy.
- Keeps your dreadlocks growing long, strong and healthy by ensuring that each dreadlock continues to have new hair feeding into it.
- Helps tidy away any of the loose hair "halo" that can occur around dreadlocks.
- Reduce the amount of loops and bumps formed as part of the maturation process
- Makes taking care of your dreadlocks easier
- Prevents your dreadlocks matting together
- Allows for the health and condition of your dreadlocks to be assessed by your loctician, so that you can make adjustments to your care routine if required.